At Clary Sage College, we believe that a career is more than a job; it’s a passion. A career as a cosmetologist is exciting, creative and constantly evolving.
Let beauty be your canvas as you Curl, Mohawk, Bob, Pixie, Updo, Wedge, Layer, Extend and Shave your way through our Cosmetology program. Students will learn to master today’s trends in haircutting, coloring and design for men, women and children.
Our Cosmetology curriculum combines classroom theory with hands-on experiences geared toward helping you acquire the skills necessary for licensure through the Oklahoma State Board of Cosmetology.
Classes cover a variety of topics in areas of hair, makeup and nails including Cutting, Color and Special FX Makeup.
As a cosmetology student, you willhave the opportunity to practice the skills you learn in the classroom on real clients from the community on our professional salon floor. Students are able to perform a wide array of services including haircuts, hair color, highlights, makeup application, manicures, pedicures, and more.
Graduates of the Clary Sage College Cosmetology program have a well-rounded education in all areas of cosmetology, making you more marketable in your job search. You will be qualified to work in a number of different areas of cosmetology including blowout bars, doing special occasion hair and makeup, working in theater and film, nail salons and the skin care industry, in addition to traditional salon and spas.
Our associate degree program puts an added emphasis on management skills and will prepare you to better serve your clientele and market yourself and your business, qualifying you for leadership and ownership roles through a variety of business-centric courses.
- State Board specific training courses with mock board exams
- Block Course System better preparing students for the salon clinic
- Beyond basic preparation for State Board written and practical
- Classes in basic make up, fantasy make up and theatrical make up including gore
- In depth sciences with hands on activities and projects
- Spa services such as body wraps, hot stone facials and back treatments
- Field trips and/or guest speakers in each block
- In depth color courses with emphasis on formulation and color correction
- Fantasy Hair Competition each quarter